Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finally, a great ending to a pretty bad weekend

Ok, let's start with the bad. Our furnace broke down. And it wasn't something fixable. We had to replace the whole unit. Now it turned out to be a bit pricey but that wasn't the worst part. It turns out our kind of furnace is rare and nobody has them on hand. They have to be special ordered. We moved Liberty into our room and set up a little space heater. It worked pretty well, It's just the rest of the house that was freezing. We were out of heat from late Wednesday night until about 3:30 Monday afternoon. 5 whole days! And it was cold! Why can't heaters ever break down in the summer time? :)
*
Needless to say I got (and still am) sick. I haven't been able to breathe out of my nose since Friday. I woke up this morning and I could breathe perfectly. I was so happy. I went and took a shower and when I got out I was somehow stuffed up again. I don't mean to be gross but I would really love to know how a person can possibly how so much snot in there head. Really, I have no idea where I'm storing it all. I've already gone through 5 boxes of tissues.
*
To make matters worse, Our town chose this week to chlorinate the water so I can't drink anything. I can't make tea or juice because the chlorine is so strong and I can't drink milk because it seems to make my congestion worse. I have to buy pop at the local bar and the carbonation is not doing my sore throat any favors.
*
Ok, enough complaining about me, now to the good news.
Today I woke up and there was SNOW!!!! It actually covered the ground. It's beautiful! I haven't taken any pictures yet but you can be sure I will be posting a lot of them later :)

No comments: