Sunday, December 21, 2008

Early Morning to you

Good early morning (or possibly very late night) to all you blog readers. It is about four and I'm up due to a mix of insomnia, the bad cold I have that just won't go away, and the horrible swelling in my legs (No, not a typo, it is my whole legs that swell up not just the ankles). I was using this time alone to do laundry but Liberty (who I have given my cold to, poor thing) woke up really crabby so now we are watching Shrek together.
.
Shrek seems to be all she likes now days. First thing in the morning, she grabs a Shrek DVD. And of course we never watch them in order. We always start with the last one and work our way to the first. I think these movies would be great if I hadn't been forced to watch them everyday since Thanksgiving :)
.
I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I get to do a lot of other things when those movies are on. It's horrible to say but I'm starting to understand the people that use television as a babysitter. It's a habit I'm going to have to break her of I know.
.
I just found out today that I will be cooking dinner for everyone this Christmas. And I only have 4 days to prepare. I wouldn't mind so much if I knew from the beginning. After all, I do love to cook, but everyone agreed a long time ago that since I'm very close to popping, that they would have someone else do the work. But nope. It's all me now. Let's just say I'm not to happy about it and I am feeling more than willing to let a couple of farm boys go hungry. I think mac and cheese would be a great Christmas dinner, don't you? :)
.
I'm kidding of course. They will get a good meal out of me. I just hate doing everything last minute. And since I'm stuck in the house til I'm over my cold, Cowboy will be doing all of the shopping and he never gets it right. Even when I make a list and tell him specifically what I need, he comes home with the complete opposite... Maybe it's a guy thing :)
.
I feel like the next few weeks are going to be very hectic for me. Christmas dinner of course. My sister (Emma) is coming down on the 29Th. I'm very excited to have her come and stay with us. The 29Th is also my next doctor's appointment, plus our five year anniversary. No, we don't have anything planned. I know five years is supposed to be one of the big ones but I can't imagine getting dressed up or going anywhere nice when you're the size of a house :)
.
Cowboy's birthday is the 31st. I have no idea what we're going to do for him. I'm thinking of just sending him out with his friends. I'm sure they'll have a lot more fun then if they were stuck around the house. Then of course after that (hopefully before) our new little mini cowboy will arrive :) Ha ha, Oh I am counting the days.
.
Emma got us a new crib which we will be putting together this weekend. Our new car seat is ordered and we should have it sometime next week. The baby's bag is packed and ready to go. I have the cutest outfit to bring him home in. Of course it is gender neutral so if the baby is a girl, it will still be cute. I still haven't picked out any names. This morning I was so upset I threw out my list. Now I get to start all over :) There are lots of names that I like but nothing jumps out and says "pick me" Girls names yes, but not boys names. Boy names are such a pain.
.
Anyways I've been babbling on for quite awhile and it looks as if Liberty is falling asleep, so I'm going to try and go to bed too. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Hopefully Berti and I will feel well enough to take some pictures for you this week.
.
Oh, and if I don't get on again to say it, "MERRY CHRISTMAS"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi jessie,
Yes it is time to get over the that cold that you have.
You were up a little early.
What are you plans to do for Christmas? Make it as easy as possible. maybe make stuff up ahead and then just put in the oven. asign something for the farm boys to bring. Its possible.
spose I should not keep writing on you blog. so love you, I'll write you later. love grandma