Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My baby girl is 6!

Her party was a lot of fun. We had a big crowd, lots of yummy food (the main dish was homemade chicken wings, Berti’s favorite) and a super funky cake. Berti decorated it herself.
August 12, 2012 (2)August 12, 2012 (5)August 12, 2012 (8)August 12, 2012 (11)August 12, 2012 (13)August 12, 2012 (17)
She was spoiled rotten by my friends. She got a guess who game, a couple barbies, tons of really cool Lisa Frank stuff (mommy was jealous) and makeup. Oh my goodness the makeup. You’ll have to scroll down to see what she did to herself. I’ve made her promise that she will only play with makeup on days when school is out. It helped a lot when her new teacher said they weren’t allowed to wear makeup. I swear she’d go to school covered in it every day if her teacher hadn’t told her not to.
August 12, 2012 (18)August 12, 2012 (27)August 12, 2012 (30)August 12, 2012 (32)August 12, 2012 (33)August 12, 2012 (36)August 12, 2012 (37)August 12, 2012 (38)August 12, 2012 (43)August 12, 2012 (47)August 12, 2012 (49)
One of our friends gave her some awesome Hulk hands. Logan claimed them immediately. Thankfully Berti is a super sweet big sister who doesn’t mind sharing  :)
August 12, 2012 (51)August 12, 2012 (52)August 12, 2012 (53)August 12, 2012 (54)
Overall, I think the kids had a pretty good time. We had the pool set up and a Foosball table.
August 12, 2012 (55)August 12, 2012 (56)August 12, 2012 (57)
Liberty got a black eye the day before her birthday, it actually looks even worse now. I’m so scared I’m going to get calls from her school about it. I doubt I will because it’s a small town and everyone knows us but you never know. Logan had a black eye for his birthday this year too. Apparently it’s becoming a pattern. I’ll have to be careful before my birthday next month  :) …oh and yes her eyebrows were painted pink in that photo. Apparently eye shadow looks better on the brows. She used her new clipboard to draw a picture of her friend (future caricature artist?) then the girls went into the kitchen and started doing makeup.
August 12, 2012 (58)August 12, 2012 (59)August 12, 2012 (61)August 12, 2012 (62)
Adorable, aren’t they?  :)
August 12, 2012 (68)August 12, 2012 (70)

No comments: