Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ground has been broken

In an Earlier blog I discussed some possible new hobbies. Well my dear hubby read my blog and thought one of them was a good idea. I am now a gardener. I am designing what I wanna do with my new garden but first I am clearing out the old one. Anyone who has been to my house before has seen my backyard. I have a twenty-five foot by ten foot jungle. Otherwise known as left over growth from a previous owner of my house.
In the past years I was too pregnant or busy with a baby and gardening wasn't a priority. I now have plenty of time and a baby that loves to dig in the dirt with mommy :) Half of the jungle was ripped out today. And I was left with the sunburn to prove it. All I have left to rip out are a bunch of small trees that were unfortunately planted way to close together...but since I have proved that I am useless with an ax...That will be the hubby's job :)
My ultimate plan for the backyard is to leave three or four trees, put in a bird bath and some birdhouses, and put in two smaller rows of flowers. Then I want to set out some stepping stones, a table and chairs so we can hang out outside more often (at least when it's warm), and some lawn lights. I haven't decided on yet on whether they will be solar powered or candle lit...Lots of options. And if I'm really really into it, I'm gonna put in a fire pit so we can cook out whenever we want. It will take a lot of time and work but I am more than ready for it. I can't wait for the jungle to be gone so I can really get started... Wish me Luck!

No comments: