Tuesday, July 29, 2008

More baby news

I had my second ultra sound today. Drinking all that water was a pain. I was about to burst by the time we got in there. I was so happy when she said she had everything and I could go to the bathroom. I drank so much water, I went three times in 15 minutes :)
We had a different view of the baby this time (sorry no pictures) and it was so cool. You could see his (or her) feet kicking. Even his little toes. It was the cutest thing. I never got to see an ultrasound that detailed with liberty.
Unfortunately they found something new. A black opening on the side of my placenta. The doctor said it looked like the placenta was ripping away from the uterine wall. (I'm not sure if I said that right, basically the thing holding my baby inside of me was ripping off) It wasn't a big rip, but still enough to cause some concern.
They sent my ultrasound pictures to Lincoln so the radiologists there can look through them. I will find out what he thinks later on today (hopefully). My doctor said it is very likely that this is the cause of all of my bleeding. She said there isn't any medicine that can fix it so if the radiologist in Lincoln thinks it is bad, I will be put on bed rest... I'm only 4 months along. That would be way to much time off of my feet.
The baby was healthy looking and his heartbeat was normal (145 beats per minute). Also he's measuring out at fourteen weeks exactly! So if he doesn't have a huge growth spurt, I may have an average sized baby and not another giant :) But he was healthy and that is what is most important to me right now.
Also I got my medicine for my infection today and I have to ask... Why is it everything doctors prescribe to you contradicts each other? The first medicine he put me on is to get rid of my nausea and headaches. This new medication has side effects that include nausea and headaches. Oh, and it also causes diarea! Yea me right... Yuck... I feel they may be canceling each other out... hmmmm... I will let you know.
Thank you so much for your continued prayers.

I have to go and read to Liberty now. She has decided The Pokey Little Puppy is her favorite book and if I don't read it to her at least twice every morning, she gets cranky :)

1 comment:

K said...

I love you. I'm praying for you and I just want you to know that I will be there for you to help out soon. I love you, I love you, I love you!!!!!