Monday, July 28, 2008

The Baby is Ok!

My baby is fine and so am I. Please read the rest of this with a sense of humor because I was cranky and whining the whole time I was writing it:
So my appointment today wasn't full of bad news but it wasn't all great news either. They hauled me from one checkup room to another for over two hours and they still didn't get what they wanted. I had to pee into two cups! Two cups! That may sound funny to you but it was annoying from my pint of view. I don't care if the baby is kicking my bladder and making me need to go to the bathroom all of the time. It is still hard to pee on command like. Especially twice!
It turns out they found some form of staph infection in my tests. The doctor tried to explain to me that it wasn't the "bad" staph...but it is still staph. I'm upset but he says it's very manageable. They are starting me on antibiotics (I think) tomorrow. I should only have to take them for a week and then the infection should be gone. He assured me the medicine would not effect the baby. That made me very happy.
I also had an ultra sound done. I had to drink water to fill my bladder to get a better view of the baby for a belly ultrasound, but it wasn't enough, so I had to had an intra-vaginal ultrasound instead of a belly one. Which meant I had to walk all the way to the other side of the hospital (back to the clinic) to pee in their second cup. Rrrggg! The intra-vaginal ultrasound sounded very unpleasant but it wasn't bad at all. They found the baby just fine. He (or she) was doing good. I left feeling good.
Then 15 minutes later (after we had left the hospital) we get a call saying they need to do a full ultrasound. The radiologist had done a quick one since that is what is normal when you're only 14 weeks (they don't do full ones until your at least 20 weeks). Anyways, I have to go back in for a full one tomorrow morning. And this time it is a belly one so my bladder HAS to be full. They want me to drink 64 ounces of water before I come in.
SIXTY-FOUR OUNCES!!!!!
I'm about to wet my pants if I drink a 12 ounce bottle of juice and they want me to drink 64 ounces and hold it for the entire ultrasound (A full one can take half an hour)
Doctors are mean...Really mean :)
I thank everyone for their prayers the past few days. They meant so much to me. As a reward, here are the first pictures of my new little Bundle of Pain... I mean Joy :)
They aren't the best ultrasound pictures. I'm hoping they will take some better ones tomorrow.
In this one the head, tummy and leg are labeled.
This one was the best shot they could get of the baby's face. Kind of hard to see but trust me, it is there.
This Last one here you can see the baby's arm under his belly, some fingers and if you look at the head, That is my baby's brain...Already smarter than daddy :) I love you Cowboy :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah! That's great, Jessie! I'll keep praying for your infection to go away. But, what a relief! :)