I read that name on one of my baby name sites. A couple down south somewhere gave that name to their little girl. Cute yes...but I can't imagine being 45 and being called Pumpkin...Hmmmm...Anyways, this got me thinking of pumpkins!
*
Every year a couple that works at the bank brings in a trailer full of pumpkins, parks on main street and gives them all away. This year that day was yesterday so Liberty and I walked in to town and picked out a few...ok, 9 big ones, 1 medium one (for Liberty), and 15 tiny ones (about the size of my palm). They had TWO trailers! Their were plenty left for other people. What can I say? I love carving pumpkins. I love baking the seeds, I love baking the pies...I just love the smell of pumpkin in the air :)
*
I have many uses for them too. 6 of the large ones will be carved and put out on my front steps. The insides will be baked in pies of course. 3 of them are for friends of mine that couldn't make it to town. The medium size one will be for Liberty to design. No, she won't be carving, She will be finger painting. I will post pictures of her masterpiece when it is finished :)
*
As for the tiny ones, 4 of them are white (not orange) and I will make them into "ghosts" for each member of my family, one of them is super tiny and perfect for the bun I'm cooking :), They will be part of the decorations for my party. 5 of the others will be labeled for my friends, they are orange ones. My family will be Ghosts, my friends will be Jack O Lanterns. The final six will be hollowed out and dried before the party so I can use them as bowls. Cute idea, I know.
*
I will try and remember to post pictures of all of my decorations once they are finished. I'm very excited about it.
*
Anyways, here are some pictures of Liberty picking out pumpkins from the trailer. Enjoy!
*





No comments:
Post a Comment