Sunday, June 29, 2008

Minnesota


So I have been completely spacing on my Vacation. I'm sorry I forgot to tell you all about it. It was wonderful. Just what the doctor ordered. So relaxing but so fun.
We started out at my Grandma's. We didn't really swim. We just floated around until we got really sunburned. Katina's backside of her legs were burnt up. I burnt up the front side of mine. Very painful. Very red...Totally worth it :) I had a blast hanging out with Katina. Eric tried to take Liberty in the water but she didn't really like it to much. She was happy to float around on the tubes with Katina and I. My mom, Maggie, Katey and Hildi were up at my Grandma's the first day we were there. The next few days were just us and Katina.
Grandpa also got his fountain running again. Put in three goldfish. Liberty found them very entertaining. I had to keep a close eye on her to make sure she didn't fall in :)
The last day at my Grandparents, we went out to eat at the Legion. Liberty was crabby the whole time. Which is so unlike her. I thought it was kind of funny. Normally so sweet and well behaved...Just wait until we go out in public with the Grandparents and let all hell brake loose :) Crabbiness aside, It was a lot of fun. I think I hugged Katina goodbye like 20 times. I'm going to miss her but I'm so glad we got to spend time together.
Next we went to my Mom and Dad's house. All of my brothers and sister were waiting to run out give us hugs.
I got to groom horses with Elle. That was a lot of fun. I hadn't brushed a horse in who knows how long. Beau must have been rolling in the dirt that day because he was one dirty pony :)
Hildi and Liberty didn't really get along. Hildi wasn't used to sharing. She was really upset whenever Berti grabbed one of her toys. At one point she tried to kick her down the stairs! I'm not kidding. She did! It was funny. She would run around say everything was hers. Then occasionally, she would hit Liberty. I tried to get it on tape but she just smiled at me. Liberty decided to hit Hildi when the camera was running. They'll probably think it was Berti beating on Hildi when they get older :) Towards the end of our trip they started to get along better. I think if I had stayed an extra week, they would have been playing like sisters.
Jay had his friend Andrew come out from Washington to visit (I think it's Washington...Hhmmmm) Anyways, the boys were very good at keeping us up all night. Very good. I think Eric was ready to knock them out. We had a lot of fun with them but at some point in the night, you just have to shut up and sleep.
Maggie had a play at the county fair. It was really cute. It was about hippies. And MY sister played the straight laced non-hippy :) She was funny. Whenever they would sing to her, she would roll her eyes and give a thumbs down sign. Also the county fair had the BEST donuts EVER!!! They were so good. At the fair, I had a blue braid put into my hair. It's small but cute. It reminds me of my high school days. I'm sure you all remember the crazy hair colors I had back then. Eric bought Maggie an airbrush tattoo that says "Bad Girl". It's cute and it washes off so I knew my parents wouldn't kill me over it. I've corrupted my siblings bad enough...A handful of them have already told me I have to take them to get their first tattoos...I'm sorry Mom...I love you :) Eric wanted to play a game at the fair. I knew he was good at the balloons so that was the only one I would let him play. He bought one dart and popped one balloon. I know he could have gotten the biggest prize there if I had let him keep going but two dollars was enough wasted in my opinion. He won a cute little ducky for Liberty.
We went to a Drive In Movie with my friend Julie...Actually the movie was before the fair...Sorry I'm all out of order. Whatever, it's the stories, not the order they are in :) Anyways, It was so much fun. I haven't seen her since the wedding. I missed her so much. Besides our hair colors and my baby weight, not much has changed...Oh and on the subject of my baby weight. I may be pregnant but I am still too SMALL to fit in my wedding dress. I'm too small, the dress is too big. How awesome is that? :) Ok back to Julie. The drive in had three movies in a row but they don't start until it gets dark so we were only going to stay for the first one. It happened to be Get Smart. It was too funny. I suggest everyone go see it. It was funny but not sick or raunchy at all. It was a good family movie. I loved it. Eric loved it too. We agreed that it was definitely a buy when it comes out on DVD. Seeing Julie was great. I'm planning another trip up to MN this summer and she is planning a trip to Omaha this summer. We don't have the dates but we are definitely going to get together both times.
I went shopping with my mom at a bookstore called Borders. I had heard of it but I had never been there before. I picked up two books for Liberty. Peter Rabbit and Madeline. I was looking for Miss Spider books but we couldn't find them anywhere. Even my mom thought that was weird. Those books are good. I also wanted Eloise. They had new books of her but I wanted the original. My mom bought me to new journals that I will be making into baby books for Liberty and Henry (No I haven't found out if it is a boy or girl, I just like calling my belly Henry. It'll be funny when Henry comes out a girl) Most baby books ask all kinds of dumb questions. I'm a stay at home mom and I didn't pay that much attention. I don't think anyone could honestly fill out those entire books. Also Mom gave me my baby book. She warned me that it would be empty buy it actually was pretty full. Better than what I have filled out in Liberty's book :) It had so much info I didn't remember or know about plus there were a lot of really cute pictures. You may not believe it but I was one cute little peanut back in the day :)
I had a wonderful time with my family. As always, with a big family I feel as if I may not have been able to give equal time to everyone but I am truly happy for the time I got to spend with Maggie. She is one sibling I know I hardly had time to spend with when I visited in the past. It was awesome to have time alone with her this time. To whoever I missed this trip I'm sorry. Yell at me and I'll make an extra effort with you my next trip.
For the most part, Henry was good. I wasn't too noxious. My ankles did swell up a little but that didn't last too long and it hasn't happened since. I used to say that this pregnancy is definitely better than Liberty's but now I feel that it's not better... It's just a different kind of annoying. I hope that makes since.
On the way home I was once again defeated by the evil trees of Le Sueur. It is a funny story involving my inability to get a picture of the Jolly Green Giant. He is my Big Foot and I will defeat him...someday :)
Obviously I made it home safe. We are all happy but at the same time sad to be home. It is a pain to be so far away from my family. But I have my own family now so I guess it's Ok that I'm so far out on my own...

2 comments:

Emma King said...

I'm glad you had so much fun with us, and I can't wait to see you again!!
By the way, you didn't tell me you were calling it 'Henry'.
I called Hildi 'Gus' up til she was born.
=P

K said...

I Love and Miss you incredibly....