It is two simple turns from Milligan to Geneva and I got lost. I ended up on dirt roads and I don't even need to drive on any dirt roads to get to Geneva. I went left and then right and then left again. I would turn whenever the roads got really bumpy and they were hard to drive on. And I ended up at some cemetery I've never been to before. It's not the little one west of town or the big one to the south. It was completely different. So I stopped, got Liberty out of the car and sat down in a grassy area that I was sure didn't have anyone buried under it.
Liberty ate cheerios and pointed at all the bugs in awe. I sat and cried for 45 minutes. I cried until this elderly woman came up to me and asked "Honey, there is no grave there. Who are you crying for?" to which I replied "I'm pregnant and emotional. Which way is Geneva?" She laughed at me and then pointed the way. It was actually really easy. I'm not sure how I got lost in the first place but if I had just kept going the direction I was going (without stopping at the cemetery) I would have been there in five minutes.
My way home from Geneva was a pain too because of all of the construction going on (which may have been why I got lost on the way to Geneva in the first place...hmmm) But I didn't get lost. Two quick turns and I was home safe. I don't feel like driving anywhere again until my trip this weekend to my mom's.
In the end a trip that should have only taken 45 minutes (If the pharmacist got my stuff ready on time, which he did. Thank God) took over two hours. All of this for a stupid trip to the pharmacists...The stuff they gave me for Liberty's big bites better work!
1 comment:
I love you! you need to call me asap so I can know when you're leaving. Especially if you're going to be home this weekend because maybe I'll make the trip up there this weekend to spend time with you, then come up again next weekend to catch you then?? CALL ME NOW!!!
Post a Comment