Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Halloween!

This day was crazy hectic. Because of an unforeseen Money issue, I had to wait to go shopping the morning of (technically afternoon) and had to cut down the amount of things I cooked/made by a lot. I was super upset about it and my husband has been warned that it will NEVER happen again or he will join my scary decorations outside.
The one thing I was very excited to make (and happy I still could) was my candied apples. Not gonna lie, I prefer caramel. Candied just aren’t as good. Still fun though. I made plain and then I dipped some in crushed Oreos and others in mini M&M’s. They were a hit!
October 31, 2013 (4)October 31, 2013 (6)October 31, 2013 (7)October 31, 2013 (8)October 31, 2013 (13)October 31, 2013 (9)October 31, 2013 (14)
This year, I decided to hand out treat bags to the kiddos (thankfully I bought most of my supplies early or this wouldn’t have happened). Each bag had a pencil, a bat or ghost ring and 3 pieces of candy. We don’t get a lot of kids out here so I made 30 with the intent of handy out candy to any extra kids. We only had 2 extra kids so I was pretty close.
October 31, 2013 (18)October 31, 2013 (19)October 31, 2013 (20)
Everyone changed their minds about their costumes last minute. Liberty was going to be a monster but the light up eyes stopped working (she played with it too much) so she went as Batgirl. Lolo was going to be Blue (he’s a parrot from the Rio movie) but then he noticed that Berti’s old Iron Man costume fit him so he had to wear it. Eric wasn’t able to go shopping for a costume so he put on a super stretchy Maternity dress and a blonde wig so he was a girl… an ugly, trashy girl… it was embarrassing, but funny. I was a deer… and nobody knew. I was really disappointed. I thought my makeup looked awesome but nobody got it. My friend Jamie wore a very pretty Mardi Gras mask and a matching sparkly dress and her hubby (Erick) wore a really awesome Bane (villain from batman) costume. He had light up tubes. It was awesome! His was my favorite of the night.
October 31, 2013 (22)October 31, 2013 (24)October 31, 2013 (25)October 31, 2013 (27)October 31, 2013 (29)October 31, 2013 (26)October 31, 2013 (37)October 31, 2013 (42)October 31, 2013 (43)October 31, 2013 (45)October 31, 2013 (46)October 31, 2013 (49)October 31, 2013 (53)October 31, 2013 (54)October 31, 2013 (56)October 31, 2013 (57)October 31, 2013 (58)October 31, 2013 (59)October 31, 2013 (60)October 31, 2013 (61)October 31, 2013 (64)October 31, 2013 (65)October 31, 2013 (67)October 31, 2013 (66)October 31, 2013 (72)
Overall, it was a very fun night. Tiring and I hope to never have to do everything last minute again. But still fun!

No comments: