Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween (Pumpkin Carving)

Pumpkin Carving is probably my second favorite party of Halloween (the first being the costumes of course). Before we started carving, we did a little project with the kids… and seeing these photos reminds me that I forgot to put them in the mail… Whoops :)
October 30, 2013 (2)October 30, 2013 (5)
We had three large pumpkins, a med pumpkin and a small pumpkin to carve. The kiddos also had a whole bowl full of gourds that I let them paint while my friend Jamie and I were carving.
October 30, 2013 (12)October 30, 2013 (11)
This was my first time carving a white pumpkin. It was difficult. Usually small pumpkins have thin walls but this guy was super thick. It was a super simple design but it took forever because of the thickness. Another thing I learned about the white pumpkins is that they smell like sweet cucumbers. My house smelled amazing when I finally got this guy opened up. The smell alone makes me want to carve another one.
October 30, 2013 (4)October 30, 2013 (8)October 30, 2013 (9)October 30, 2013 (13)
The white pumpkin was my small pumpkin. The idea was that he’d be a skull and I’d carve my medium pumpkin into a traditional Jack O Lantern. I’d put the small pumpkin into the medium pumpkin and it’d look like the skull was bursting out of the face... Way cuter than it sounds :) I think I was able to pull it off but I think the size of the pumpkins were a little off. If the white pumpkin was a little bit bigger the proportions would have looked a lot better. The 3 large pumpkins were carved into a batman face, a tradition Jack O Lantern and Franken Weenie (he’s my favorite).
October 30, 2013 (18)October 30, 2013 (16)October 30, 2013 (20)October 30, 2013 (21)October 30, 2013 (22)October 30, 2013 (25)October 30, 2013 (27)

No comments: