Thursday, March 1, 2012

Elmo Show

For our third year in row, Eric got us all tickets to go and see Elmo live. We missed our showing because of a big storm that came through but we were able to get in the next day when all the snow blew off of the roads and we were so happy we did.


002007


This year, they set up a sesame street walk through play area. There are stand ups of all the characters and buildings so it was a great place to take photos or at least it would have been if the rest of the parents there weren't total jerks. Nobody waited in line, they pushed in front of you or pushed their kids ahead of yours. Liberty got knocked over twice. Not by pushy kids but by pushy moms. They were horribly rude. The only way I was able to get photos was when Bert, Ernie and Cookie Monster walked out to see everyone. The rest of the kids and parents flocked to them but Berti and Lolo were terrified wouldn't get too close. And of course by that point Logan was to upset and crabby to pose or smile for me. Once we got home, I realized having him look grouchy next to Oscar the Grouch was actually really cute but at the time, I was very upset with the behavior of the adults there.


029040


043046


Once the show started both the kids were excited. They loved to see them sing and dance. They loved to count with the characters and sing the ABC's.


054059062072090085079082091093094097103112


I loved seeing Bert in a white Disco outfit. His dancing was pretty awesome too. Big birds Rockin' Robbin was really fun. This year they did a lot of covers of old songs. I liked them a lot.


Leaving the Arena was another pushing and shoving match. Seriously rude people. We've never had these problems in the past and I don't know what's different this year but I really didn't like it. We had friendlier drunks at the Blake Shelton concert. I'm really hoping the circus next month goes nicer. The other parents really ruined the event for me.


126132145152144136170164

No comments: