Logan has his first pair of overalls! .JPG)
We went out to show grandpa and he had his on too :)
The weather was actually pretty nice. Still cool but no wind so it was comfortable. Liberty somehow escaped my camera during this visit :)
I got a call from Jacob for the first time when we were out on the farm. He hasn't started his training yet because there aren't enough students to start a class yet. He's hoping that they will be able to start in June. Otherwise they will have to wait until October.
Even though the Marines are a small minority at the base, they are still the most feared. He says all members of the Air force get hazard pay solely because the Marines are there. He was hanging out in a group of five Marines and they were broken up because they are too much of a deadly force. The Army out numbers the Marines 100 to 1 but five marines is a deadly force :) I think it is hilarious.
He also said when you go to the cafeteria, there is one side with healthy food and one side with cheeseburgers and pizza (the "FAT" side) Everyday you will see about 1000 chubby Army guys on the fat side, and 50 in shape Marines one the other side :)
Jacob has also been selected to take part in a retirement ceremony for a Major who has been enlisted for almost 30 years. I think he's only about mom's age but Jay says 30 years is as long as you're aloud to serve. Jay is very excited about the ceremony and honored that he was one of the few picked to take part. I think it will be a great experience.
Jacob is getting some time off around memorial day. He has asked permission to come and see Cowboy and I. If he doesn't get to see us, he will be sent home to MN and will be doing recruiting duties the whole time. So if he isn't told he has to stay on base, hopefully some of us will be able to see him in a few weeks.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone, I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment